Services We Offer
At Pointe Precision, Inc., our team of experienced engineers has earned a reputation for developing innovative solutions and delivering services that exceed your highest expectations. Using the latest 3D CAD/CAM systems (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, GIBBSCAM, ESPRIT), our engineers start by studying your current design environment, your operating constraints, and your design goals. Then, working closely with you, we identify the most effective ways to overcome any obstacles to your success.
Our proven technical expertise and structured product development process can reduce your development risk, manage your costs, and cut time to market while delivering quality parts to your exact specifications.
With state-of-the-art technology and an experienced staff, Pointe Precision's manufacturing services are among the best in the industry. Explore our manufacturing capabilities, which include milling, grinding, turning, heat treating, PLA 3D printing, and many special processes. Our recently expanded 85,000 square foot facility holds all the machines needed to manufacture your parts.
When a part is processed at Pointe Precision, a feature-based inspection criteria guide is also created for every dimension at every operation. Every machine workcenter is equipped with surface plates and the necessary inspection equipment to allow operators to perform consistent and reliable in-process inspection. At Pointe Precision, quality is not a department, it's an integral part of what we do.
Continuous Improvement Philosophy
At Pointe Precision, we have a team of engineers dedicated full-time to Continuous Improvement projects. Using the lean manufacturing philosophy, Six Sigma methodology, AS9100:2009 and our ISO 9001:2008 and NADCAP certifications, we are able to drive down costs, improve quality, and reduce lead times through all areas of our business. This allows us to provide you with high quality components in less time and at a lower cost than the competition.
Pointe Precision has over 15,000 pieces of inspection equipment, including over 5,000 plug gages ranging in size from .010 to 4.000 and in increments from .0001 in smaller gages to .001 in larger gages. All are calibrated in our state-of-the-art, climate-controlled metrology lab using NIST traceable equipment. Our inspection equipment also includes:
- (1) NITON XLt Material Alloy Analyzer
- (3) Servo-driven Coordinate Measuring Machines
- (1) Premiere Optical Profile Inspection System
- (2) Micro-Vu Sol 312 Vision Measurment System
- (1) Magnetic Particle Inspection Unit
- (1) Mahr MMQ400, Servo Driven Roundness Checker, with pneumatic vibrations dampening table
- (2) Manual Coordinate Measuring Machines
- (2) Optical Comparators
- (1) Roundness Checker
- (2) Electronic Pocket Surface Finish Checkers
- (1) Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection Unit
- (1) JenOptik Vision System
- (3) Marposs M39S Match Grinding Gauges
- (1) Hommel-Etamic Match Grinding Gauges
- Trimos Labconcept Calibration Gage
Analysis and Documentation
We have a wide variety of statistical analysis tools and reporting capabilities that can be set up to continually monitor the manufacturing process while producing your parts. Our engineering team will work with you to ensure that you are provided with all the needed data analysis for your critical dimensions – in the format that you want it in. From First Article Inspections and Certificates of Conformance, to PPAP's and Statistical Process Control, you will find that Pointe Precision is ready to meet all of your documentation and analysis needs.
Our Manufacturing Capabilities
- Advanced Engineering Capabilities & Support
- Continuous Improvement + Six Sigma Quality Methodologies
- Ultra Precision Grinding (ID, OD, Surface, Creep)
- Thread Grinding
- Multi-Axis CNC Turning with Full Y-Axis
- Swiss Style Turning
- EDM Wire, Electrode & Production Drilling
- High Accuracy CNC Milling
- Precision Production Honing
- Laser Marking
- Internal Vacuum Heat Treat / Braze (including High Temperature Gold-Nickel)
- KANBAN / JIT
- Quality Planning Expertise
- Build to Forecast